Are you interested in being a Mentor?
To become a volunteer with CCN you will need to:
- Have some relevant experience.
- Be over 25 years old.
- Understand and accept the interdenominational ethos of CCN.
- Be able to work with offenders in a non-judgemental, authoritative but friendly manner.
- Have excellent listening & communication skills.
- Be well organised, reliable and resourceful.
- Be able to work independently and also as part of a team.
- Have basic computer skills.
- Understand confidentiality.
Volunteers are required to attend a series of training sessions before being accepted as mentors.
Training Course for Volunteer Mentors.
The next Training Coarse will be in the Spring of 2019, dates and venue to be announced later.
Paula Callam, also volunteering as a mentor, is an experienced trainer having spent six and half years in Antigua training Street Pastors and assisting in running the Street Pastors Project on the island.
Susan Carne Project Manager for CCN is a minister in the Assemblies of God Church, and has worked as a volunteer chaplain in Wayland prison.
The training course has been produced by the Community Chaplaincy Association. This is a national body that brings together best practice and makes it available to local Community Chaplaincy projects.
Applications: If you would be interested in becoming a mentor with us please contact Susan at
email@example.com and I will send you an application form.
Or download the form here. CCN Volunteer Application Form